Published on July 3rd, 2013 | by Ernie0
Ol’ Fashioned Cherry Soda
One of my fondest memories as a child was the first time I tried a Cherry Coke. I remember it as if it just happened last weekend. We were in Queens and my aunt walked me down to the corner store for an early evening snack consisting of a few potato knishes, a bag of New York Style potato chips and…a Cherry Coke.
The sweet taste of the sugary cherry along with the bite of the carbonation is something that I still enjoy to this day.
And while I enjoy a Cherry Coke from time to time, I much prefer a kicked up version I call Ol’ Fashioned Cherry Soda.
Just as the last drink – The Wife’s Away Tea – I won’t push any exact measurements rather expect that everyone drink to their own tolerance.
- In a pint glass, fill with as many Old Smoky Moonshine Cherries as desired
- Add some of the moonshine for an added kick
- Smash cherries with the back of a spoon.
- Add as much ice as desired
- Fill remainder of glass with your favorite soda (I prefer Coca-Cola)
Enjoy! (Responsibly, of course.)